CARMO FOOD’s Responsible Sourcing Program ensures
that our products are produced in a socially, environmentally
and economically responsible manner through the whole
chain -from the farm to your doorstep.
We are committed to sourcing responsibly because it protects
the environment and promotes social and animal welfare. Furthermore, the program helps to secure our supplies and reduces risk and volatility in our raw material supply chains,
and we therefore evaluate that the program makes good
business sense for our company. We aim to strengthen our
brand value, not only as high quality food products, but also
as environmentally friendly products, sourced under social
Under our Responsible Sourcing Policy (RSP) we are committed to:
- Support responsible business practices.
- Respect the rights of all workers.
- Uphold the rights of indigenous and traditional
- Protect the environment.
- Prevent deforestation.
- Avoid using genetically modified feed or animals.
- Secure animal health and welfare.
Our ambitions with our Responsible Sourcing Program include:
- Eliminating any potential products linked to deforestation
from our supply chain.
- Reducing water use and consumption in corporation
with our supplier.
- Focusing on energy efficiency in corporation with our
- Increasing the numbers of organic and sustainable products
in our range.
Our Responsible Source Program relies on compliance with our Responsible Sourcing Policy (RSP) and continuous improvement. This is done through supplier self-assessments against the RSP requirements and through 2nd and 3rd party assessments and/or through external certification to ensure that our RSP standards are met. Furthermore, we also commit to continuously improve the sustainability level of our sourcing by supporting stricter and more credible certification standards and sourcing requirements, by avoiding sourcing from unknown or unsustainable sources and by setting ambitious CSR performance targets.